Measure What Matters
The Youth Development Impact Learning System is an assessment, planning and evaluation tool for those that run, fund and support youth development programs.
Social & Emotional Learning: The Key to Thriving
The Youth Development Impact Learning System measures and reports on six social and emotional learning capacities. These outcomes have been proven to contribute to longer-term gains such as thriving, decreased risk-taking behaviors, and increased academics. If you are moving the needle on these social-emotional outcomes, you can feel confident that your program is contributing to young people’s long-term success.
A youth’s ability to make choices, take positive risks and persist through life’s challenges.
A youth’s ability to take others’ perspectives into consideration, as well as express caring and empathy.
A youth’s capacity to give energy and time to help their family, community and society.
A youth’s internal sense of positive self-worth and self-efficacy as they explore who they are.
A youth’s motivation and confidence in their academic performance.
A youth’s positive bonds with people who can provide advice, counsel and access to what they need to succeed.
How It Works
1. Easily Collect Program Data
After you follow our easy steps to create a program profile in the Youth Development Impact Learning System (YDiLS), the system automatically generates youth and staff surveys tailored to your program. Even better, surveys are available in hard-copy AND in a mobile-friendly, human-friendly online format!
2. Our Algorithms Crunch Your Data
As soon as your surveys are entered in the YDiLS, powerful predictive algorithms process them in real time. These algorithms are informed by expert research on youth development as well as the entire iLearning database, continuously learning as more youth and programs enter the system.
3. Run Your Report
We kid you not (pun intended!), online reports are available immediately after surveys are entered. You can run reports on select groups of youth, specific program sites, or entire programs. And you can share your reports with your staff, peer organizations, and supporters/funders as statistical proof that your programs are having a significant impact.
Individual Nonprofit Plan
- Assess, plan for, and evaluate up to 75 youth
- Add additional youth for a reduced cost
- Receive pre- and post-program youth assessment findings
- View statistically-valid and reliable outcome findings
- Receive data-driven, evidence-based recommendations to improve your programs
- Ideal for funders, capacity building organizations, and regional/national nonprofits
- Assess up to 5 organizations, 75 youth per organization
- Includes all features of the Individual Nonprofit Plan
- Share information about outcomes, cost-per-outcome and an assessment of program practices
- Receive understandable, actionable, data-driven feedback tailored to each nonprofit
- Assess, plan for, and evaluate many more youth at a reduced rate
- Download and share your data
- Connect data to your existing data management system
- Advance thought leadership with access to state, regional and national data